Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finished

The Hope chapel CD is finished. Andy and I got home from Lansing at midnight. We stopped for sushi to celebrate. I've slept most of today. Went in for a meeting with the staff and a woman from Kansas State who introduced us to some of her research on spirituality among college students. Trygve took me over to Butch's to celebrate the CD's completion. It has been about a month of earnest work. I've had maybe one day off in this whole time, and I'm not complaining as much as I'm trying to put it all into perspective. It's a month of work, but I think about the standards for this production throughout the year. What should worship music sound like? How best to capture that sound on a recording? How best to capture the spirit of who we are as a worshipping community? How much should the recording be a document of our journey and much should it cast a vision for where we can go? How does the recording compare to other live worship recordings? Should it intentionally sound different?

1 comment:

Courtney Kay said...

I can't wait to hear it!